View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
The one knock I've heard on using Ecutek for boost control was that it didn't respond as quickly as an actual boost controller. I think it was VitViper that brought it up.
If true that is a bummer... but since they seem to continue updating the software it is something that could be improved (or possibly already has?).

I think for some people who plan on setting-and-forgetting a certain boost level and just want maximum spool - a cheap manual boost controller is a great option that often goes overlooked. They can be had for <$20 and are close to idiot proof for installation. I would go with this option (actually have one sitting on the shelf) but I didn't have the fuel to support using it when I did my original tune, and when I upgrade I want tuned boost maps individually set by gear. Hopefully Ecutek supports this.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote