View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 11:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
ValidusVentus
Enthusiast Member

Drives: #18 Z34
ValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmDZ View Post
Good to know... so no such thing as high temp, or upgraded rebuild kits out there? I am looking to take my calipers off this winter to clean everything up really good and rebuild them before next season. I have 103k miles on my car, about 5 or 6 track days and a ton of autocross so they probably need some TLC.
Not that I found, no. And I did some looking around. Especially with your focus being AX you shouldn't need to worry quite as much about brake temps. (as a note on this I did invest in the 1mm titanium backing plates/heatshield for the front brakes - which I think are discontinued now?)

Easiest way I found to get the pistons out was clamping the caliper in a vise and using a smallish set of locking pliers to hook onto the exposed ridge of them, and pull - careful not to damage the actual functional finished surfaces.

Last edited by ValidusVentus; 11-03-2017 at 11:06 PM.
ValidusVentus is offline   Reply With Quote