View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfromfl View Post
I admit I have trouble understanding this, as I sometimes get it backwards. But since you're planning on going FI, won't a 4.08 be counterproductive? You'll have such a huge power:weight ratio, you'll have difficulty hooking up the rear wheels for consistent launches...unless you plan on dropping the clutch in 2nd gear or something. Also, if you'd like to get 0-60 times (if I understand the relationship correctly), you may have to shift from 2nd to 3rd before reaching 60 -- or at least be way outside your powerband before 60 in 2nd. Feel free to correct me if I've misspoken!

Good luck with your experiment!
Well, FI is a year+ down the road. But as I see it, it's a way to limit the amount of torque I "need". I wouldn't need 600lbft for it to feel like it has that much. With future cam/ ATI damper, oil pump gears; 8krpm should maintain a similar powerband. It won't feel like I'm running out of rpm before I get to speed. I've always been a proponent of reigning in torque to whats actually manageable to drive. Managing torque output will make it much easier to power out of a turn without all the drama. To put some perspective; a new 2018 5.0 makes nearly 400WTQ stock. It has to manage that with less tire. 500WTQ is stock Viper torque output. I think anywhere in there would be a good goal. If it's too much and traction is just bad, it would be easy to find another 3.69 set.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote