View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Final Drive Ratio, wheel, and WHP changes

So with the imminent install of my 4.08 gears, I thought I'd document my findings here, but I wanted to open up the conversation early and and reserve the second post for the results. I'm also testing a couple other theories having to do with wheels and tires on the dyno. Some othe things I'll be looking at are:

Final drive WHP changes. We've seen final drive ratios reduce WHP numbers by 10-15whp. I wanted to do a back to back dyno to get an accurate number.

Wheel weight and diameter changes. Theory says that it should improve dyno results. The shop has a set of 18" Forgeline wheels that weigh 18lbs to try.

Variables to take into play: Increased efficiency with the wavetrack differential compared to the VLSD. Polyurethane bushings and subframe collars reducing slop and movement. This should improve efficiency in putting power down; not sure if it's measurable difference.

Somehow magically, the weather is still mild here in Tampa with only 30% humidity and the high only reaching 68 degrees today. Shop temps should be around 75-78 degrees for reference and we are sea level with pressure around 29inHG. Just the other day she laid down a high 342/274 number, so this should be the benchmark.

Feel free to comment on thoughts and ideas. It would be nice to show higher numbers than 342, but I don't know. I have my reservations.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote