View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 10:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by loufitness View Post
I experienced this feeling as well when running XP8's all the way around. Went to XP10 upfront and XP8 in the rear. I can't say it is any better with XP10/XP8...but it is certainly not worse. I am wondering about the the tire pressure recommendations and keeping the spare tire in the rear. I typically run at 40 PSI all the way around (taken immediately coming off track) and run with out the spare.
What are the recommendations on Front vs Rear Tire pressures...as well as with or without spare?

My alignment settings are as follows:
Front: -2.75 Camber; +.05 Toe with Total Toe = +.12

Rear: -2.5 Camber; +.15 Toe with Total Toe = +.35
What brand of tire are you running? I am running Toyo r888 and Nitto nt01...After asking others at the track and my own driving experience I try to keep my tire temps between 34 and 36psi hot after finishing a session. The r888 felt better to me with all tire temps being the same. On the nt01 I run two less pounds in the rear. I start the air pressures at 27psi and make adjustments from there. As I am getting better I will start measuring the tire temperature to make sure I can stay as close to the recommended tire temperature as possible.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote