View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
NissanTracker
Track Member

Drives: 07' Nismo, 14' Nismo
NissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Thompson speedway yesterday for a HSDE. I have to admit that I had 0 optimism going into the event. I brought basically my entire workshop with me.. extra belts, pulley, fuel pump, etc... Car handled very well and the charger just took me by surprise. Zero issues (minus the already known idle and cylinder misfire CELs). Power was great, which just gives the nismo an entirely different purpose on the track.

Update on the idle Info:
1) Decided to replace the throttle bodies. I got a set from a 370z with only 30K miles for $115.00. Cheap enough to replace. They will be here Thursday, so I'll install them on the weekend and go through the idle relearn procedure and post.

2) Found out that the P0300 Multi-cylinder misfire only occurs at startup on cold mornings. I'll replace the TB's first and revisit this.

3) Gas tank level reporting is off. Car gas meter showed that I had a quarter tank of gas and I had issues starting the car. I was very careful taking the fuel assembly out of the tank and installing it back.

EDIT:

On item 2 above, it may also be the TB. That p0507 is barking at me all the time due to ISC. If the T.B. is screwed up, at startup... it would most likely misfire.

Last edited by NissanTracker; 10-03-2017 at 12:33 PM.
NissanTracker is offline   Reply With Quote