Thread: D2 Coilovers
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
That's not even remotely considerable as there are too many forces acting upon the suspension to isolate this principle alone. If each spring measures the same amount of force at a given compression level, then you can't logically guesstimate with your *** (literally speaking) that one may be softer or stiffer. Certainly when you have a damper added to the equation. There is no way you'd possibly discern a difference in rebound and compression between 2 springs accurately measured at a specific value. Either one or the other is wrong by several ibs/in or then spring is damaged. Either thay or the damper settings are not equal per suspension setup.
You crack me up, I guess all spring then are created equal and there no difference between Swifts or any other spring. I will agree that all springs are equal as far the rating of 10k or 8k or whatever, however I must be all wet in thinking that springs would respond differently based on the materials they are made of or the thickness of the spring or how tightly the sping was spun.

Oh and I have a very sensitive butt!
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote