View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
DocJ
Base Member

Drives: 10 370zr BS 6MT T/SN
DocJ is on a distinguished road
Default SmartTOP mod is the best!

I too have the mod installed, for years now. I recently had some top dysfunction issues and took it to the dealer. They replaced a couple of items & disconnected my mod wire harness claiming the mod was "interfering with communication" to the top mechanism. I doubted this & reached out to Stefan at mods4cars.com. We connected remotely and did some testing to determine the mod is functioning correctly. Additionally, he asked me to also eval the firmware 2.0 update. I can confirm the voice command is enabled with the top down via a setting in the mod. We did run across one small item with my factory setup having sequential door unlocking interfering with a new function for the access button on door actuating the top, which he has tonight adjusted the programming in the mod & it now works with my sequential unlocking.

What can I say? Stefan & mods4cars.com are the best, to be providing that kind of ongoing support & development. You don't even get that kind of support 3 years after buying an Apple product! I HIGHLY recommend this company & mod. Best thing I've done to my Z since I got it in 2010, hands down.
DocJ is offline   Reply With Quote