View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
BoilardZ
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370Z
BoilardZ is on a distinguished road
Default New features of SmartTOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1228 View Post
Out of interest what are the other new features? I have the SmartTOP installed and would be interested in the update.
There used to be 8 different settings for the SmartTOP. There are now 13. Defeating the lockout of the voice command is the biggest new one, in my opinion. They're also working on defeating the lockout of the speed-sensitive volume on the Bose stereo. (It's inexplicable to me that Nissan defeats that function while the top is down, which in my opinion is the time that you need it the most!) Other new functions include allowing the top to be closed (not just opened) via the door handle request switch (on models so equipped), additional functionality with the windows, and additional control over signaling (hazard flashers, chirps, horn, etc while the top is opening or closing). In my opinion, if you're going to own the roadster, it makes all the sense in the world to spend a few extra bucks on the SmartTOP in order to get all this extra functionality out of your convertible.
BoilardZ is offline   Reply With Quote