View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 01:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cranberry
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring
Cranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond reputeCranberry has a reputation beyond repute

First off, Welcome to the Z life!!!

you can check out my mods in the youtube link in my signature but I have heavily modded my car and carry a lot of track experience with it. I was in your same position when debating what one to buy and I need to say that after my full experience I would only consider the nismo model if I was a mid life crisis guy that wanted something sporty and nice looking with no intentions of modifying it.

The only thing your getting with Nismo is a name IMP... there are much better aftermarket parts available at a fraction of the price. Nissan is attempting to advertise the NISMO name as a race grade product but it really just isn't, infact when I ran the nismo suspension for 3 races last year, I ended up taking it out and putting in the base model suspension because I found it handled better.

as for the extra 20 HP or so that comes with the NISMO, you can literally spend $900 on your exhaust and gain that HP back. spend another $800 or so on an up rev tune and your pushing more hp then the NISMO at a fraction of the price.

If you like the red body skirting and the stiffer street ride then go with the NISMO, but if you don't want to waste money, buy a sport model and put $1500 - $2000 into the car and it will be better then any stock NISMO on the road.

Hope this helps!
2009 370z M/T - straight pipe cut outs / motordyne test pipes & intake manifold / K&N typhoon intake / ACT stage 2 race clutch & flywheel / ZEX wet nitrous / UpRev tune / stillen race oil cooler / 317 WHP N/A - 381 WHP with ZEX www.youtube.com/danialk ///\\\///\\\ Follow me on Instagram @dankobra
Cranberry is offline   Reply With Quote