View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Raeshlavik
Base Member

Drives: 18 Murano Midnight
Raeshlavik will become famous soon enoughRaeshlavik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogman View Post
1) Is the Nismo worth the price premium over a Sport? Whether it's new or used, it seems a Nismo is about $8,000 more than a Sport. I like the Nismo better and can afford it, but don't like to make a habit of spending money unnecessarily. On 'paper', the Sport looks to be about 90% of the Nismo. I've driven both, but would appreciate the thoughts of those that have had more seat time as to whether or not it's worth the price premium.

2) For those with Nismo's, how comfortable are the Recaro seats to live with on longer drives? I've taken a couple of test drives in a Nismo for about 20 minutes. They feel fine to me for that time, but things can be different for a multi-hour drive. The car won't be my daily driver, just a weekend fun toy, but I'd still like to be able to take it on trips.

Thanks everyone!
I have a Nismo tech, and heavily compared the sport and the Nismo before purchase.

The Nismo essentially has all of the common aftermarket parts already on it, and even with general street use you'll notice the more collected suspension and stiffer everything. It really has that supercar feel.

I live near the mountains here in Colorado, so I get to use that better suspension whenever I like.

And the Nismo just looks better, in my opinion... So for me, the extra for the Nismo was a no-brainer as I could just go drive it.

As for the seats; I've logged a ten hour trip in the Nismo's Recaros and thought they were quite comfortable... Better than the seats in a friend's FiST by a long shot at any rate.
Raeshlavik is offline   Reply With Quote