View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I don't see any major changes on the horizon.

The old software doesn't really bother me - other than the search, it works well for me. It would be nice to have updated software with higher security (if the forumware is 2 major releases old, it probably has some leaks).

It does bother me to see poor "customer service" - that could very well affect the site. It appears to me that there are not enough admins and/or mods to handle approvals, subscriptions, stickers, etc.

Did you notice that HTTPS has disappeared, too? Not good for a site that requires login.

In spite of the problems, I still think this is one of the top 370Z-related sites. Lots of good people on here.
I agree with everything for the most part... new software would be nice though. The other forum I am currently following is rdforum.org and they are currently down to upgrade software - prompted me to think of this. They were already running fairly modern version of vbulletin (compared to here anyway) and its much nicer and slicker.

The customer service part to me is also the more troubling thing. Also vendors be crazy.. vendors be runnin' wild.

This site is still my favorite and I spend a ton of time here. Just worried it will degrade without maintenance. I plan to keep my Z forever so I hope this community can last a while.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote