View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvboy View Post
...Sometimes I wished I never started with my system as its been about a year of fiddling around with some frustration,but I do finally have it at a point where I can honestly say I'm good,no more
From my experience it's always a never ending battle, but the stock "system" I think does more hearing damage than anything else. I don't even bother with music on it, just some podcasts, as every other genre' = a painfully awful listening experience unless you're just sitting in your driveway.

Seems like a dedicated DSP may be a good investment for a car if you're really into it. I know having home studio speakers, it's really nice to have a flat fq response so there's more consistency from one type of music/song to the next. $$$.... Don't get into photography, it's the same never ending battle.

Random question: Is it better to apply the sound deadening to the door panel and outer door skin and to skip the inner door skin? Just want to avoid having to remove some to get the door panel seated back on properly. I have that GTMAT quadro, which is a lot lighter weight than I anticipated, but it may be enough to actually make a difference... or should I just buy a bag of concrete mix and fill the doors?
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote