View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Excellent article. Makes sense that cars like these produce clutch-shredding torque that needs to be managed by something wiser than your left foot. And I never thought about the servo. But recall reviews of the Testarossa and Countach that described how much force had to be applied to work the clutch. I know someone with a Diablo, and he had a knee replacement (anyone wealthy enough to own a classic Lambo is likely to be old enough to qualify, LOL). He had to quit the car for quite a while (not a big issue for him, he also has an Aventador!).

Thanks for posting that.
I had a good friend with a Pantera. That machine was a severe workout on the left leg. Fun but work. My M2 has DCT. Its quite fun and offers all the beauty of a manual in manual mode with lightning shifts and power application. I am normally a manual driver. DCT is a nice way to drive. Will I own a manual again? Sure depending on the platform.
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote