Thread: oil temp?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Since going boost I have had two oil coolers. The first 34 row and now a 72 row. I either run 0-40 or 0-50 oil. Highway driving in temps above 110 see cruising temps of 220. Anything below see less. Temp above 120 my oil temp may reach 135 in traffic but fall once cruising.

My 72 row was installed a couple of months ago and temp when cruising are always about 210 plus 110. I beat the crap out of the car to test it one afternoon when the temp was 117 and she never got more than 240. You can't really get oil temps to a critical range on the highway even doing short boosted runs. You just need to be sure your tune is good so other things don't go boom. Water temperature is more of a concern as you will hit limp mode before your oil temp hits critical mass. So to come full circle anything between 180 and 220 ain't a big deal!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote