View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
It's pretty much as Jayhovah said:
The two inner inlets/outlets (depending on who configures them) route back to the inlet nipples of the AAM intakes. The two outer inlets/outlets route back to the front outlets from the PCV valve on the engine; the two nipples on the front of the intake manifold are capped off along with the two outlets that the rubber lines run back to on either side of the engine.
Not exactly the configuration I was suggesting - are you sure this is correct?
If I am reading you correctly.. you are capping the fresh air inlets to the crankcase and also the PCV inlets to the intake manifold. I don't think this setup will vent the crankcase vapors because there is no vacuum source to draw the vapors out nor is there any fresh air to displace the vapors and keep the crankcase at atmospheric pressure.

I am suggesting the cans should be plumbed in series between the PCV valve outlets and the nipples on the intake manifold. When the throttle plates close and the manifold is in vacuum, the PCV valve will open and the crankcase will draw clean air from the intake and vent vapors through the catch cans (which should separate the junk out) and into the intake manifold.

That being said, I have never actually installed catch cans. This is just my understanding of the plumbing and how the system should work, so I could be wrong. I also know there are multiple ways to plumb catch cans in different configuration, the method I am suggesting here is just the one that makes the most sense to me.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote