View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 08:37 AM   #726 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
Some reasons could be due to the fact that where they live (like me being stationed in Germany, for instance) it's illegal to run around with a cut hood and a blower sticking out of it. I can imagine some states being the same. Another reason (let me use Germany again) is that body work is ridiculously expensive here. That doesn't include being able to find a competent body shop that is willing and able to do the work. In the states, maybe not so much but not all of us live there. I could go on about this all day but I'll stop with this: it's a big pill to swallow to say you'll have a plug-and-play kit for $10K but then have to add another $xxK amount on top of it just so your car isn't looking mangled from the conversion. Some people such as yourself might not care, and the same could be said for me depending on what needed to be cut and how it'd look afterwards. But, not everyone is going to think the same or legally be able to do it headache free. It doesn't make anyone a "pansy' for not wanting to cut their hood... just saying.
There is really no such thing as plug an play when you go FI. People are kidding themselves if they don't think there will be cost for other supporting mods to get the FI system to work optimally. The will always be considerations to over come like yours depending on where you live and that is not the manufacturers fault. There are ton of car sold throughout the world by American car builders you can't get in the US. I guess I will have to move to Australia if I want a Ford Falcon!
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|