View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #56 (permalink)
P's_Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Zeta
P's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss_302 View Post
You should look into Shell V- power. The additives have good cleaning properties to reduce carbon build up and maintain the injectors. But still the only way to maintain the injectors with high mileage is to pull them out and have them flow tested and cleaned properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliriousClam View Post
I pour techron in once in a while for the hell of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by mults View Post
I can't agree more on the Sea Foam that others have mentioned. I've been using it in ALL of my vehicles since about 2000. First time I heard about it was in a Gold Wing forum. Bought a used Wing that was running a little rough with a flat spot right off idle. I used a can of Sea Form in all of my fill ups and within 500 miles, the bike was running like a Japanese watch

I now put a can in the gas tank at every oil change and swear by this stuff. It is even used when I store the Z for 6 months during the winter. Car has started first crank every Spring.
Thanks for the replies, guys! Shell was all i ever put on the Z until they stopped bringing 93oct to PR and caused the car to hesitate between 3-4k rpms. When i switched to ecomaxx 93oct, the hesitation was gone! The thing with ecomaxx is that i havent really found info regarding if its top tier gas or not.

Regarding seafoam, i used it on my wrx a few times and really seemed to work on the 90k mile engine at that time. I will also consider seafoam in the future.

Ill try the techron for the time being. Again, for 30k miles, im assuming the fuel system cant be that bad, but any bit of help is always a good thing.