View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by night blade View Post
Will take a look at Alpine or Kicker thanks Quicksilvers.

MaysEffect, door speakers were already replaced with 6.5" Lanzars, talking about the tweeters on top which take 1" only. And yeah I can't possibly get the full usage of the Lanzars without an amp, but they still sound fantastic over the stock speakers .

Gotcha, In any case, no matter the brand, i recommend a hard domed tweeter rated between 15-30 watts rms.

Silk dome or paper/fabric domes will not withstand heat as well (sun point directly down on these) nor have better upper mids attenuation. Also they can't survive distortion as well as hard dome tweeters. Given the fact the speaker placement isn't firing directly towards you, the slightly brighter sound of the hard dome design will not be anywhere near as harsh.

Here is a small list -

MB-quart - ZT1-25 (best quality), DT1-25, XT1-20
Pioneer TS-T110 (recommended)
Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1T-S

I checked with the speaker adapter site, and they do still offer these adapters.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote