View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #110 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
The OBDLink MX made my car trip out. All the lights on the dash were on, warnings, etc until I shut off and then pulled the MX and restarted. Crazy. Like getting the data on the phone, etc but that no other effect but made me a bit paranoid.

I would be interested if anyone is using one of the phone HUD things. Many look cheap but seems a good way to get some of this data without a crazy setup (though sort of interested in that, too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamillio View Post
Mine makes the car trip out like 10% of the time. Glad I'm not alone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am running the LX and have had no issues =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow85 View Post
How accurate is Torque pro or dash command?

Can I use them instead of a traditional boost gauge and wideband A/F gauge when I do my TT build?

Im thinking of going to torque app route to save on costs from new gauges/sensors, but not sure if it is critical to use standalone gauges instead.

Things I am looking at reading:
Boost
Oil Temp/pressure
Trans oil temp
Wideband

I would save alot of cash if I can safely rely on these apps instead.
You can get Wideband for each bank, and, based on above posts, oil temp. I suppose it might be possible if you upgrade the MAP sensor to do speed density tuning to get Boost through it, though no one has reported that bonus feature. Oil pressure is impossible because the car lacks the proper sensor so the data doesn't exist. No idea on trans temp.

If you do decide to get some of your data through this method, buy a nice high speed adapter and not a cheap one. I had a cheap one at first.. worked great for clearing codes, etc... but for datalogging it was WAY too slow. My current OBDLink LX feels fast enough for this type of usage.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote