View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

So originally Im from Buffalo, NY. Drivers there aren't too horrible, but I left at only 19 years old, so I didn't have a TON of experience driving there. Then, I was stationed in Omaha, NE where there, I discovered the first group of people who drive UNDER the speed limit like a plague. God that was irritating. Rubber necking was horrible there, and the worst traffic jams happened when the Huskers were playing down in Lincoln, NE. But otherwise, it wasn't horrible.

Then, I got to the Baltimore/DC area. Ho-ly ****. I cant emphasize what a culture shock that was.

-No signaling lane changes.
-Speeding 20+ over the speed limit is NORMAL for EVERYONE.
-Weaving in and out of traffic is the norm (without signaling of course).
-Slamming on the brakes, pulling over onto the side of the road, and throwing it in reverse if you missed an exit is normal. Or just simply drive on the grass.
-Tailgating like a mofo left and right (even when you're doing 20 over already)

And how about parking?
-Big *** trucks/SUVs PURPOSEFULLY parking across 4 parking spots. I have a full size PU. Its not hard to park properly.
-Parking so close to your car, you KNOW they put their door against your car - its how HARD they hit it thats the question.
-Large vehicles parking in designated compact vehicle parking

I could go on - its pointless, though. Other than the amazing seafood and somewhat fun job, I'd give my left nut to go back to the quiet, safe area of Omaha again. Not to mention the car scene has far less ricers there.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote