View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

This is the sad truth: I absolutely LOVE Chevy. Ive grown up a Chevy/GM family (a grandfather giving me the GM employee discount kinda helps). As far as powerplants, its tough to beat the LSX small block Chevys in...well, anything. Pushrod or not, its hard to argue with a 500+ HP V8 thats still getting mid to high 20's on the thruway, and high teens in the city. Its all in the head design. Yeah, their interiors blow. Yeah, they start squeaking and vibrating in random places in no time (my brand new 08 Silverado w/ 9K miles after less than a year, has its driver-side window squeeling like MAD when it goes up/down in cold weather, among other things lol). But man, the power plant alone in them sometimes makes it worth it lol.

However, as of late, my new passion is wanting to get into road coursing. For over a year, Ive vowed that my next car would be something I can drive the **** out of at an HPDE/Auto-X, and not be something that I take out just for fun - it'd have to be competitive in its class.

The 370 is one of the few cars that Ive looked at that is NON-Chevy, and a non-exotic, that I just feel like I have to have not only on looks, but performance merits too. Lightweight (its no Miata, but its trim compared to others), nimble, and quick - it fits the bill in everything I want. Its a VERY attractive car for those of us with enough cash who wants to get into the track scene...
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote