View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 02:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Appreciate the heads up. Can't imagine how that happened but I'm not familiar enough with the 350 to know what the construction of it is like. In this case I see it pretty much the same as a Fujimura/Stillen/whatever bumper covers, that have the mesh grille insert in it. As long as it is tied together I don't see how it could be an issue. I'll be using autobody panel adhesive to bond the mesh in from behind and will make doubly sure it's in there well after your advice.

Perhaps I could look at sprayfoaming the inside of the lower lip for some extra rigidity as well, and it would never be seen anyways so couldn't hurt. Nothing wrong with a little overkill. I'll just have to remember to do that AFTER the aftermarket lip is on otherwise I'll be doing some cursing and swearing no doubt.

I did just go play with it a bit before posting this reply, and while I'm not about to try, I could darn near stand on it as is. Best to heed the advice and exercise caution by design though, and thanks for the heads up.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote