View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 11:11 AM   #4258 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
Golf outing today. Wonder how many times I'll swear.

Side note: the ribs after 5 hrs smoking weren't bad. Not good, but decent. The sauce needed more time to stick and I was hoping for them to be more tender. Need to increase the tin foil time next round. Overall though, very good trial run that I'd consider a success.
What I do for babybacks--4.5 hours @ 225 in the smoker--with rub; no sauce. No tin foil, etc. My smoker is propane, but that shouldn't matter.

After 4.5 hours, put on the grill at low heat, lather with sauce. Take off as soon as the sauce carmelizes.

Works great! But it was a bit of trial-and-error to get them just the way we like them, so look at your early runs as experimentation.