View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 08:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Hi Dras,

This is what I've used for the past 5 years.
https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Wireles...words=tune2air

It was once called Viseeo Tune2Air but I guess they changed the name. Mine is called WMA1000 I think.
I use the iPod cable in my 2009 Touring to connect to it, but found that the problem is the Z radio first detects the iPod device then connects to it. Well synching the iPhone to the Viseeo device conflicts with the power up of the device from the radio and it randomly connects.
My solution is to get a 12V to 5V iPod charge adapter and plug it in between the Viseeo device and the car 30 pin. Then, as soon as the Accy line goes high the BT adapter is powered on and then the iPhone can find it.
Works VERY well for me for 5 years and I can still BT to the radio and receive and send calls no issues.

PS: I removed the iPod cable connector from the console tray and just put it inside the console to make it seamless and unobtrusive, and to be able to still use the mini tray in the center console (armrest, shifter cover, etc.).
NOTE: You'll have to tap into the Accy line inside/under the console. You'll need to take out the console (shifter portion, NOT the radio portion). Then after you tap into the Acccy line, just tuck everything under the center console and close! I can get at mine thru the cup holder if I need to.

Also I can control the iPhone from the radio over BT as if it were hard connected to the radio cable.
Good Luck!

Last edited by Fountainhead; 05-26-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote