View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 06:30 PM   #115 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Yes, Alfa left these shores about a generation ago due in part to quality problems. Seems to me, another manufacturer was in a similar situation about 10 years prior. They essentially kept selling here but changed the brand name to lose the baggage. What was that make again? I can't quite put my finger on it ;-) . And quite frankly, they still have a quality problem. Can you say "CSC" on our cars, or transmissions on GT-R's? How about transmission cooling issues on Frontier/Xterra? Ignition systems on Sentra? Nissan just walks away from those like a dog away from a turd, and somehow gets away with it.

In 1996, Alfa was a bloated, government-owned car maker concerned with keeping unions happy at the expense of the taxpayer and the customer. Now, it's one of the big hopes of growth for FCA (though it's never going to materialize in numbers that matter).

The MiTo and Giulietta, cars we've never seen in N. America, have actually a pretty good rating as far as long term quality goes. In a much different league than the new lineup from Alfa Romeo, no question there.

As for the Consumer Reports article, I don't know. I only pick that rag up when I run out of toilet paper. I've never had a use for it, and am surprised any thinking person does. Perhaps just this time because it supported your point? I could understand that.
Csc? 2k and you get it fixed right and your done....25k is what a M3 s65 engine costs. Big difference your comparisons are silly....plus euro cars are plagued with the small issues (like you mentioned all of them) and the big issues, costs more to repair and have typically no service tech manuals for people to purchase. They strategically try to make it as hard as possible for the DIY to fix....while our cars are simple....

Show me the reports showing that Alfa's are reliable now.

The consumer report I found....I suppose you think it is toilet paper because it does not support your opinion...for the same reason that it supported my point is why I used it...

Hell, when the Alfa Romeo boss states: our cars are reliable...it kinda supports my point that they are not.... see the article below...
http://www.motoring.com.au/our-cars-...o-boss-106062/

Look if you like it buy it...your defending it like you own it already...so maybe you should.....Do you have 50k +? Then go for it.... Because with just a couple of options that is where you will be. I can think of a ton of better cars that have more than 280 hp that cost 50k. Hell I would rather the 4c at least it looks crazy sporty and not just like a BMW wanna be...

Last edited by SINISTER; 05-23-2017 at 06:56 PM.
SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote