View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
khern11
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6mt
khern11 has a reputation beyond reputekhern11 has a reputation beyond reputekhern11 has a reputation beyond reputekhern11 has a reputation beyond reputekhern11 has a reputation beyond reputekhern11 has a reputation beyond reputekhern11 has a reputation beyond reputekhern11 has a reputation beyond reputekhern11 has a reputation beyond reputekhern11 has a reputation beyond reputekhern11 has a reputation beyond repute

I use a sunshade and I have never used any chemicals on my interior.

This has been brought up in the past but the topic always dies out because people go on the thread stating that the problem is caused by using chemicals on your interior. But wait, don't thousands of European cars also have dashboards? I'm sure they use cleaning products on their dash as well, but you rarely see issues like this on those cars. My point is, chemicals or not your dashboard shouldn't be melting or cracking. I noticed mine started in 2012 right outside my warranty and wasn't as bad as it is now. I mentioned it to a service rep at a dealership before the class action law suit and I was simply told that I was out of warranty.

My dash is sticky, shiny, cracking, and the vents are sagging. If there is direct sunlight to the shiny parts of the dash, the glare can be so bad that it obstructs my vision when driving. I literally need to move my head up and down, side to side, to avoid the glare on the windshield. I wish I could change the dash but at least $700 for a used dash, plus install isn't feasible especially when the problem may occur again another 3 years down the line.

Hope this helps anyone's case with the means to fight this.

Here are the other threads:
dash melting
Dash Melting!
dash sticky

IMG_4864.jpgIMG_4866.jpgIMG_4867-1.jpg

Last edited by khern11; 05-16-2017 at 12:09 PM.
khern11 is offline   Reply With Quote