View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
A cat-back exhaust is by far easier to install for a DIY'er. I did the Berk high flow cats on my 2016 recently, while it 5000 miles on it, the top two bolts on both sides (the ones everyone calls the demon bolts) were the most fun. Everything else was easy. However those two bolts were a bear until you figure out how to get to them and get them broke loose, and then on my car, I still broke the passenger side one. Both my O2 sensors came out no problem, but it's a new car.
Ahh yes the "Demon Bolts"... OP search the forum for that term and you will find a lot of information about the pains of removing the factory cats.

My advice:
1) Soak the demon bolts in penetrating oil the day before (at least)
2) Remove the intakes so you can get straight on them with long extensions. You don't want to be messing around with swivels and wobbles.
3) Use 1/2" drive socket/extensions with either a large breaker bar or a powerful air powered impact wrench.
4) Use a 6 point socket. A 12 pointer will just round the thing off faster.
5) Keep bolt extractors on hand... there is a good chance you will start to round one or both of them off. My drivers side was so frozen on I had to put the bolt extractor and two of us were pulling/stabilizing a huge breaker bar and eventually the bolt just broke off to free the cat.

You can find pics of my demon bolts and the tools I used to get them out in my pic dump thread (check sig).
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote