View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Yeah, he had that really bite him in the ***. That's modifying cars for you - spend an extra $250 early in the build, or another $10k later.
For sure. Super nice guy, btw.... helped me test my laser jammers. Best cop on the forum!

Overall, it's a good idea to go completely overboard with heat protection. My engine compartment is so crinkly/shiny with the stuff that it looks like it's covered in aluminum foil to keep the aliens/government from reading its thoughts.

I do wonder about the turbo blanket though. Highly effective in keeping the heat from the turbine from damaging other things, but Corky Bell believe's that they significantly reduce the life of the turbo itself. This may be different in the case of the COMP since the bearings are ceramic and can handle a lot of heat... Just some food for thought. OP, I am not saying you should go without it... That is another thing solidus found out the hard way when the heat from his turbine melted his engine wiring harness. That guy has had some bad luck.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote