Thread: GTM TT kit?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 10:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

As ChaseZ mentioned, I have the Gamma kit and I love it... Gamma has also provided me with excellent customer service. A lot of people trash Gamma or talk about how it's not a viable option, but almost none of them have actual personal experience with them.

Similar to NeverBoneStck's experience... my turbo kit was missing a few parts and the instructions were pretty incomplete. That is the bad.

The good - I did my install over the Christmas holidays and after I called them for help and impressed upon them that my timeline was a little snug, they provided me the personal cell phone number for one of their fabricator/installer and he was basically on call to help me with any questions. I called and texted him constantly during the install. He also overnighted me parts when I discovered I was missing them (Tow bar spacers, some power steering hose, and a replacement piping coupler for a design revision). Keep in mind all of this was taking place over Christmas when their shop was closed.

Since then, they have continued to provide good support to me. I had a small oil leak that had been present since install at the turbo oil feed distribution block... I was considering buying new fittings and making up a new distribution setup on my own so I contacted Gamma to ask what the fitting sizes were. They told me all the sizes, but then insisted on sending me all new oil fittings to try... This was about 15 months AFTER I purchased the kit from them and, after fixing everything back up, I am pretty sure the original problem was installer error (did not properly torque those fittings).

As far as the quality of the parts and engineering of the kit - I think it's all top notch. Everything looks high quality and fits very well. I installed the kit with my Brother-In-Law, we are both engineers, and we were both very impressed with the quality and design.

I can not speak to the quality of the tune, as I had my tuning done at JTRAN in Houston based on good advice I got on this forum. At the time I did my work, Gamma only offered an Uprev canned tune... but realistically you shouldn't use anyone's canned tune and either get dyno tuned at a reputable shop or remote tuned from Specialty Z.

Gamma issued a refund to me for that since I did not use the Uprev tune/license that was included in my kit. That may not seem like a big deal, but they honored a deposit I made to GTM during the infamous GTM group buy so as it was so they didn't get much from me for the kit in the first place.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the kit again if I was looking to TT.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.

Last edited by Jayhovah; 04-28-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote