View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 04:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
Also, I think it would be a good idea for the OP to give Sebastian a call regarding a solution as a 3" down pipe and exhaust could potentially impact performance negatively because a SC doese need some back pressure to make optimum power so it's a catch 22!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Sebastian recommends ART pipes ten out of ten times, which are 2.5" same as the FI resonated pipes I have on right now. We've chatted about this several times.

I love the ART/Shockwave combo. But from experience it can be varied in noise level a LOT based on air going into the engine. NA example it was actually pretty quiet last summer when I had the Stillen G3 intakes on, whereas it was pretty damn loud with the Injens. That's changing nothing except the intakes.

Knowing that I really couldn't say how loud or quiet it would be with the blower and air to air setup. I suspect given the shear volume of air coming in it would tend to be on the loud side with reasonable certainty. That said, I also don't know exactly how loud the FI res pipes and shockwave combo will be with the air to air yet either. I do know that with my current setup (modified Stillen piping) it is damn loud. Much too loud.

I emailed Mariella at Motordyne a few days ago and haven't heard back yet. There are mid-pipes between the X and tailbacks that are straight with nothing more than a hangar on them. They do offer individual components like resonators and various cats but I'm not sure if any of them are a direct replacement for these mid-pipes. I'll update with her response when I receive it.

That's also the same spot I've been considering for downstream cats that I could just cut and weld in. Somebody a whole back had posted a link to some 200/300 rated aftermarket HFC (think it was jayhova) so those might be worth trying out.

With the current setup, the motordyne exhaust and OEM cats are a great sound sound and basically what I'm after when it's all said and done. So basically the goal here is something along those lines.

I did look into the CNT exhaust and it is backordered all over the place. I found one set with the blues tips (which I don't like but can change easily enough) but he wants about $200 more than CNT does for it so that's not going to happen.

In short, no resolution yet but there's some good suggestions floating around now that the conversation has been started and I'm sure something will come of it.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote