View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcomms View Post
I was literally looking an older post where you had that. What was custom? Engraving? If so how did it come out?
IIRC the domed top was a custom request for his standard "Piston" knob. I didn't do engraving, but I did have him add the burnt coloration to the stainless steel... its much more subtle compared to burnt Ti but I like it. =)

It came out beautiful and I love it.... was quite a bit more $$ than I've ever spent on a shift knob, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Edit: Just wanted to add, Chris from lathewerks was awesome to work with. We exchanged 21 emails back and forth with me doing a poor job of explaining exactly what I wanted. I sent him some MS-Paint design drafts and he even made some 3D renders for me, etc. He really went above and beyond to make sure I got exactly what I wanted.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.

Last edited by Jayhovah; 04-19-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote