View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik@SOHO View Post
The engine is a large air pump, the more air that we can get into the engine, theoretically the more power that can be made. With the addition of the larger valves, primarily benefiting the forced induction vhrs, it allows for more volume of air to enter into the combustion chamber. Volumetric efficiency is the measurement of air that makes it into the combustion chamber while the intake valve is open expressed as a percentage of the theoretical potential volume of the cylinder. In other words, think of a 1 gallon jug of air, if you are able to get 1 gallon of air into the jug then you would be at 100 percent volumetric efficiency, anything more would be over 100 and anything less would be lower than 100. With this being said, the larger diameter of the valves will aid in increasing the VE of the engine as you have now removed 1 mm of the valve seat and also have increased the diameter by 1 mm. On the older VQ platform, we would notice a 3 to 4 psi difference in regards to power as a few cars would make 550 at 17 psi with stock valves and then vehicles that had larger valves would make 550 at 14 psi to give you an idea. Hopefully i have explained it enough and not gotten to technical
Good explanation... I bolded the part that was key for me to understand the purpose of this product. =)
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote