View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:30 AM   #75 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imazman View Post
I am hearing a loud high pitched sound coming from the stillen plenum! It is easily heard after I turn engine off and turn the accessory on so the pump runs. It is not the pump as I can move my ear around the engine bay and it is DEFINITELY coming from the plenum...and yes the pump is running and making turbulance in the reservoir. I'm guessing its either the heat exchanger or the MAP sensor...I dont think there is much of anything else. Oh and when I turn off the accessory I hear a really loud click....like a relay turning off and then it is silence. I grabbed a video of the sound, I will try to post it.

I searched for high pitched noise on hear but only found cabin noise...definitely not that.

I not sure I know of any good mechanics around hear so I might see what the dealership is willing to do.

Here is a link to video...sorry it 80M but its very loud...flash is turned on after about 10 seconds.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1x...w?usp=drivesdk

/Z/
Never heard a sound like that electrical feedback or whatever you want to call it. Does it go away when the car is turned on instead of just accessory position? The only Relay in that coolant system is the one that is under the cover by the master cylinder. I assume you can hear the pump running since you said the coolant is circulating. You'd be able to trace the noise to it if that were the problem I'm sure.

MAP sensor is the only electrical thing like that at the plenum. Now if it could somehow make that noise if it was faulty or not I couldn't say but mine sure as heck doesn't. Spend a little time to check all your grounds as well to make sure they are good. What about the MAF extensions? Whatever that is it sounds electrical for sure so I'd start with all those things. Anything that changed electrically when the blower was put on.

What PLX sensors do you have and where are they tapped/installed.

What injectors are you running and are there harness adapters?
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote