View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #1611 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLIO 671 View Post
Tbatt....Did u make this kit because of ur belt slip? Did u get an increase on boost? Any Pros or Cons...or just Pros?
I was and still have a low boost problem. One idea was the belt was slipping and sure enough, when I took a temperature reading of the drive pulley it was about 50 degrees cooler after installing the additional idler which means the pulley was heating up due to slipping. I picked up some boost but the main problem is that I need to install the volute at a better angle. Right now I have a 90 degree elbow at the SC outlet and I think that is what is restricting the SC.

I was one of the first to install the A2A kit and did so without the instructions. By the time I had the instructions I was too far along to go back as time was running out on my build. This June the plan is to get back to work on the car and fix the volute position and also go to the 60 degree coupler and 2.75 downpipe along with a Tial BOV. I'll also be doing some improvements on the fuel pump. Got a bunch of CJM stuff to install.

After that I hope to finish up with Seb on the tune. The car runs and drives fine but the boost is still below 8psi and I'm running the 9psi pulley.

I've been reading up on SC and it seems that TopZ is correct in his design of his kit. SC do not like abrupt air flow changes at the intake or exhaust ports. It screws up the flow and can cause back pressure issues (what I'm pretty sure the 90 degree elbow is causing). TopZ design of using the air filter directly on the SC allows for a good straight shot into the intake and the original 45 degree coupler on the outlet does a good job of keeping the flow as straight out of the SC as possible given the room to work with.
RJM pedal, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FI TDX, FOG Light, Z1 Slotted Drilled rotors, Stillen SC, Quaife ATB, Z1 Oil cooler, AEM Gauge Set, Galeforce gauge mount, Avant Garde M590 Hypersilver w/RE-11, TopgunZ A2A kit., ECUtek tuned by Seb: ROLL TIDE!
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote