View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #229 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
And therein lies the rub. I don't have high hopes for this marketing stunt. The auto transmission is identical to the last-gen car. Any decent torque improvements are going to necessitate transmission upgrades which means big bucks. If they do come out with real packages, I think most enthusiasts are going to scoff at the package pricing. Guessing a "qualified" Infiniti dealer has to do the installation too.

And remember, the stock turbos are already maxed out on the RS400. I'm just very skeptical of Infiniti these days.

You see this all as a problem however I am being optimistic.

First off has anyone confirmed the at unit is the same mode and same specs as the 370z? I haven't asked anyone nor climbed in/under one yet.

Secondly even if the car itself is a gimmick that still doesn't mean that ams won't have a line of badass parts to bump up the cars for aftermarket. This is an awesome opportunity where ams will be playing with and developing parts on the car. It could be very good for the platform.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote