View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 01:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Collins View Post
( Click to show/hide )
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Note that I did replace the keyfob battery about six months ago. I replaced it because a different light appeared on the dash... the Intelligent Key System Warning Light. After replacing the battery, this light went away.

But you might be right... it still might be related to the keyfob battery. I bought two batteries at the time. Maybe I should replace it again already.

Note that the Service Engine Soon Light has yet to come on again. (The Nissan Service Manager said it eventually would.)

And after he told me the reason for the Service Engine Soon light was because of the key, I immediately asked him WHY I was just NOW seeing this light, after having had the car for more than two years.

He said he had no clue. But if it WAS related to nothing more than a weak battery in the keyfob, you would think he would have at least mentioned this possibility.
Was he in service or sales. The fact that service advisors are salesman aside.

Would he mention it? Who knows. Maybe he isn't think of it or maybe he would rather sell s $130 diagnosis than a $6 battery. Not that I have an inherent and well deserved mistrust of dealerships or anything of the sort.

Glad you got the new key finally. That's a small victory in itself. Was the issue with the other one ever resolved? Be interesting (and telling) to see if the issues pop up with this new key or not.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote