View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlazmaStrike View Post
Just a question. Since Im more used to riding a manual motorcycle. When I shift on my bike, I apply a little throttle while releasing the clutch to smooth out the shift and prevent engine braking/jerking, but when driving a stick and i try this it jerks even more than if i didn't apply any throttle at all. don't flame me for being a noob
I'll flame you because that was a statement... not a question.

All I have to say is use your head and practice. If you keep a level head and use common sense while learning to properly operate your manual transmission, the worst damage you will do is reduce the life of your clutch.
LIKE us on Facebook!