View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 01:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Lot of common themes here.

When I had my 280z when I was 16 my friends mom didn't believe us that it was a Datsun and not a Ferrari lol.

I looked at G37S before the Z too
Also test drive GLA45 AMG
Among others

There's no bang for your buck like a new Z right now. Even though some consider long in the tooth - which I only agree with in terms of power. There should hve been periodic increases over the last 9 years. Especially the last 3-4.

When I night mine last year my 65 year old life long corvette guy nearly bought one too after driving mine. In the end he got Boxster but only because he got a screaming deal on it.

For me the car is a keeper. I'll add a second car to the stable before too long. Forced induction and AWD. But the Z will always have a place in my garage. Unless the Z35 is just screaming at me that I lust it unbearably I can't see any reason for the 370 to vacate its spot. And the Z35 would even then still have to be the incredible bang for the buck the current one. Very few people actually believe I only paid 30k brand new for this car. And I can't see whatever they come out with as a new model being anywhere near that - though I'll gladly eat those words if it comes to it.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote