View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 08:20 PM   #2047 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
I would increase both of those sizes a fair bit myself. Like 285/305 or even 325.

Then again in running 275/345 so I err on the side of "I can't stand stretch!"

Really I'm only trying to illustrate that 245/285 is going to be ricodulcoursly stretched in those rims. With +10 rear you may not want to go all the way to 325 but 305 for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Also you gotta look at where chase is coming from. See his build thread and he's all about that buldging tire. It's not my cup of tea

When he says ridiculously stretched, that's his valuation.
I qualified that right away.

And I was originally planning 325's but somewhere between that decision and purchase time they became unavailable, so it was either go up or go down. I actually mounted a set of 305 drag radials on my rims and the fit was ok (they run wide) but I would have needed a 10-15mm spacer at least. So it made sense to spend $0.00 and go up to 345 instead of $150 for spacers. Especially as I'm looking for the dig.

I think he's well on his way to the larger side of conservative, and that's probably perfect.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote