View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

None of the Acklands here had them in stock but could bring them in for Monday. The caveat is the 3 minute burns are $26 a piece or 1 minute $170 for a dozen. I sort of had an idea in my head that these things would be maybe $8-9 a piece but not so much. I'd probably want a few of them too. So told her I'd call if I wanted her to bring some in for Monday.

Think I'll hook up that can I assembled and pressurize it to 15psi. Since the engine doesn't have to be runni I should be able to hear any leaks audibly - it just won't be quite as straight forwRd to pinpoint them but I'm sure it's still doable. At least this way I can address any obvious ones and maybe use the smoke candles for a final test or something.

Otherwise I could just bring it to a shop and they charge like $100 for their smoke machine to diagnose.

Heck a one way check valve into the side of the can and I could blow cigar smoke into it lol

Dry ice?
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote