View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute
Question HKS Hi-Power Exhaust... Your thoughts on something...

Some of you may know that I run this exhaust on my car and I love it. I also run the Motordyne ART pipes, which I also love. My thing is though, I think the exhaust is still a bit too quiet.

So I've been thinking... (I know, a bad thing - LOL).

This exhaust system is modular. You have the H-pipe section, the resonator section, and the rear muffler section.

I've noticed visually, the resonators and mufflers look identical, same exact size and diameter. I don't know if they're the same on the inside or not, but who knows.

Now what I'm thinking, what do you think would happen sound-wise removing the resonators section and fabbing up straight pipes for that section?

If I decide to do this, I'll do them up first in plain old exhaust pipe and flanges. If it works out and sounds good, then I'll redo it in matching stainless and flanges.