View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #3381 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
The vast amount of cost in developing the car was accomplished with the Q60. I think (again based on hope) that the Z35 follows the introduction pattern of the Z34/G37 - Z introduction 6 - 12 months after Q introduction.
I think that is based on pragmatism not hope, and probably the most realistic interpretation of things to come in this thread. They've spent the development dollars on the Q60 at this point retooling for the new Z, while likely already part of that planning process all along, becomes a much more viable and cost-effective venture for them.

Unless they drop the Z in favor of the Infiniti all together, but that is a completely different market segment so I don't see how that would make sense.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote