View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 09:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHunts View Post
You won't see the difference in size of the impeller unless you open it up. It is the base diameter that is the difference. The top of the impeller is the same which is why they are interchangable. The inside allows for a larger diameter then the small Sci trim. I am not sure about the size difference but I think it is 3" for Sci and 3.25" for Si. Quick search can figure that out but I am just being lazy right now.. lol
Yeah I came across this after a bunch of searching and told the shop to let me know once he cracks it open. It's already packed up and I'm not going to undo 125' of bubble wrap, a whole bag of packing peanuts and one and a half rolls of packing tape lol

The volute opening on mine on the inside at the impeller is 3.02", so I take it 3.00 is probably the sci then the si being a bit wider sits further back and the blades run right to the edge behind the opening of the volute? Just trying to make sure I'm clear in this. There's a ton of bs on the internet, go figure, and not easy to find hard fast information on it. Even from Vortech, or perhaps especially from them. Their old site was a lot better and much more technical information could e readily found.

Last edited by ChaseZ; 03-11-2017 at 09:38 PM.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote