View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
Now dont get me wrong guys .. I am by no means a big fan of the new Camaro.. But I know what the people on a LS1 site would say.. I just wondered what the rest of the world thinks ....
You'd be surprised. Its arrival has mixed feelings. Trans Am/Firebird fans tend to hate it, mainly because there IS no Pontiac version. Camaro guys, its a mixed bag. Some said they'd just get a Challenger, others said they loved it, others said they were indifferent.

Personally, owning a 1969 Camaro and a 2000 Camaro, I think it has all the right looks...but its too god damn big. Its got the right power plant, too. IRS be damned, I dont really care (the purists want a live axle). The lines are great for a muscle car look, and I think they did a much more faithful job of that than the new Mustang did. The Challenger practically mirrors its older version (pity its 4100 lbs).

The down side, is its SO ******* HEAVY. The 1SS (lowest package that has the 6.2L LS3) weighs over 3900 lbs! I was planning on getting one as long as it weighed somewhat close to my 2000 (which is about 3400 lbs). Oh, how disappointed I was when it came out so heavy . Such a pity, it looks cool, but its going to be just as much of a dog as the GTO is.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote