View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #9227 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzonts View Post
Interesting. In the first video you grabbed the pulley and pulled/pushed and in the second video you grab the edge of the pulley and twist instead of grabbing and pulling.

Just an observation.
Interesting observation, but it wasn't moving in the second clip if I'd have put a crowbar on it. The first with all the play it would have moved just as easily if I'd used two bare fingers instead of a gloved hand.

Later in the day I showed the vids to a supercharger rebuild shop and was told the slow side bearings weren't pressed in fully to retain the shaft (my layman terminology not his) so in it goes. The bearings need to be replaced and hopefully that's all, but st this point wouldn't be surprised if there was more. Hate the idea of sending something in like this with basically a blank check but in this case it is better than me opening it up and hoping I fixed it peorperly and addressed any and all issues. Just want to be able to bolt it back on with no worries like I should have been able to do in the first place.