View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #79 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Mustang Dyno results for Alfa Romeo Giulia and scale weight.

392HP. 389lb ft torque

Well mustang dynos usually show a 22% loss of power which means that Alfa hit their power numbers right on the head. 503HP. So on the dynojet it should read 428HP 425lb tq

3,700lbs
To get the type of performance out this car with about 428rwhp and weigh 3,700lbs. You can smell Ferrari heritage all over this car.

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Gets Dyno'd With Surprising Result
Mustang Dyno. I'd say the test is badly flawed and not worth the bandwidth it takes to download it.

I've not heard of this 22% loss thing - could be but sounds strange to me.

What I do know is that the Alfa 4C is notoriously tricky to dyno other than with a high end tool in a professional shop. If there is any difference at all between the front and rear wheel rotation speeds, or if the intake airflow doesn't match what was expected on the speedo, or if the cooling airflow is insufficient, the ECU simply pulls power. That is true regardless of driving mode (nannies on or off). It was a major problem for a number of tuners to deal with, so this isn't the ramblings of one person. A few blower fans and your neighbourhood tuner shop dyno isn't going to work on these cars.

There is no reason to think that the Giulia is set up any differently.

Personally, I call ******** on the entire test.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote