View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 08:55 AM   #89 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I have koni shocks swift springs eibach sways a custom alignment a straight pipes, a Nismo muffler and an oil cooler. My mods are around $2,200 and fairly simple. Every thing you said about the Z I fixed. Dimensionally it's a better car. Stock performance the vette is a much better car. I drove a GS and it was AMAZING. But it STILL wasn't that kind of amazing that can pull me out of a Z. It's really hard finding a car at a reasonable price that can give you everything you're looking for.

I don't think it's fair to say HES WRONG. He just has a different opinion. As an owner you have accustomed yourself. He's based on a first impression. I can see how his first impression left him feeling that way though my experience was way more positive.

Better isn't always better. I still felt more connected to my Z on my first time driving a Z than my first time driving a vette. I never had to get used to a Z from the first ride.

When you desire something really bad, you adjust. When you don't get an awesome first impression. You don't.

You gotta get over your mustang mentality bruh.
Ok fair point about first impressions. However, as someone who has owned both cars for an extensive period I can tell you for sure that the C7 is definitely not "out of place" on the dragon. I will definitely say that statement is not true.

My comparison wasn't against a stock Z either. When I had my Z down at the dragon, it had swift springs, eibach sways, custom alignment, full bolt-ons, and a tune. It would take MUCH more than that to make it comparable to the C7. The biggest advantage for the Z is definitely the price.

LOL @ Mustang mentality. When you're trying to explain why you'd rather have a modded Z over a C7 and make statements like "better isn't always better", maybe you should look in the mirror about that Mustang mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
Oh my goodness you make me want to drive and bring my C7 and test it at the dragon. Having the C7 just for a few months and only driving it for 300miles. I think I need to learn and respect the car more as it's really a fast car and would demand a lot of driving skill to drive like a mad man at the dragon.
The corvette packs double the power of my Z with less the weight so go figure how the vett does when you drive it. It's a bullet with 4 wheels.

Longer wheelbase makes it less nimble as the Z. But once I get more driving time with my vette, I'm sure I'll be able to control this beast.

The C7 vette is certainly a different type of car, I love my 370 but the vette hits the sweet spot like a G spot. Ask a satisfied girl and you know what I mean.

Kudos.
Nice! I 100% agree with that last paragraph. I loved my Z, but I have had way more fun with the C7. Especially true at the dragon for ZDayZ. I went last year like 3 months after buying the car. I did build confidence in driving it on the dragon pretty quickly. Seemed like every day I had to take down the traction control one level because I was driving that much faster compared to the previous day. Then I let Z1NONLY drive my car with all the traction control off to show me just how slow I was actually driving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redglare View Post
A good analogy of my experience; if you put the new miata and our Z on a go-kart track, the Z won't be able to shine.
I had the same experience with a base c7, I drove both cars back to back on some twisty TN roads, analogous to the dragon, but with tighter curves and less room to really open it up.
No one is disputing the c7 is a faster car in the proper environment, all I am saying is from my limited test drive (maybe 50-60 miles max) it felt way too big and did not feel like the price tag was justified vs my sport package Z.

If I was on road atlanta or buttonwillow and had more seat time I am sure my experience would have been different, but I still stand by my opinion its too much of a car for the kind of driving I am doing, maybe if I ever move back to FL I would definitely consider it again.

I will admit when I got on the interstate the c7 made a lot more sense lol, its a highway bomber, we are talking b52 vs A10.
I think the seat time will make a difference. Also, I haven't driven the base C7 in that kind of environment so I can't really comment on how that performs. If you ever get a chance to drive a Z51 with the magnetic ride suspension, I think it will change your opinion. The price tag though is the biggest hurdle to get over. That's why I bought a used one and to me the price difference was absolutely worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
This is my impression of the C7 on the street in economy mode, Or as DD feels like a glorified fast comfortable Camry? Lol because I drive a camry.
Dial in to a sport or track mode this is like David Banner transforming into a green Incredible Hulk via notch of a dial with matching growl of open quad pipes. Then start praying for your passengers safety! Lol
I almost never drive in economy mode. Last time I drove it in economy was when I reached the top of the dragon and the gas light came on, lol. I DD it on sport mode and kick it into track for spirited driving. BTW if your looking for any mod ideas, check out my Corsa Xtreme exhaust video from my sig. It is the perfect exhaust note for this car and IMO no exhaust on the Z could ever make it sound this good.

Last edited by b1adesofcha0s; 02-26-2017 at 10:03 PM.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote