View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #78 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redglare View Post
My experience about the c7; it's just too much of a car for where I live right now. Backroad carving is NOT what it was built for, sure it does it well but the Z is way more at home, maybe it has to do with dimensions but I feel like the c7 is built for states with long flat wide roads, I can't imaging how out of place a c7 would be at the dragon.
Man you have noooooo idea how wrong you are about that. I took my C7 to ZDayZ last year and my 370Z to ZDayZ the year before that. The C7 absolutely obliterates the Z in every way. It was more balanced/neutral in the turns on the Dragon where the Z would have a bit more understeer. Had much better brakes on the C7, though my Z only had base brakes. The magnetic ride suspension was fantastic on all the turns, elevation changes, and some of the rougher road surfaces. Didn't have any cooling issues like I did with the Z. All of this doesn't even take into account the glorious sound of the V8 roaring up the mountains with the Targa top off. Really hard to beat that.

It did take a little bit of time to adjust to the size of the C7 compared to the Z, but I got used to it in like a week. Once you get past that initial phase, it doesn't actually feel so big when you're hitting the back roads spiritedly. FYI I have a Z51 with the magnetic ride option. Had the same PSS tires on both cars, but obvioiusly in different sizes.

I don't know exactly where or how you drove a C7, but having owned both cars I would say you're absolutely wrong about the C7. I enjoy it more on backroads than I did the Z and it has no issues with tight backroads. I was able to open it up plenty on the dragon. It built so much more confidence in my driving that I consciously had to hold myself back because I was afraid to go any faster.

Last edited by b1adesofcha0s; 02-24-2017 at 03:19 PM.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote