View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #760 (permalink)
FERRARI
Enthusiast Member

Drives: PERFECTION
FERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FERRARI
Default 240 Vs 370

I had the first 1970 Red 240 Z sold in my state (Tennessee) in late 1969.........Just turned 72 last Sunday and got a new Red Z......This time just to drive for fun....... compared the 370 I can tell you for sure that the 240Z was a piece of $hit...........can not believe how far these cars have come. I sold a 1966 427 Vette to get my first Z because I was going to graduate school in Atlanta and had just gotten married. My wife (yes same wife) loved the 240 and she loves the 370, and agrees with me about what a difference there is. The second week I had the 240Z we drove to Atlanta to find a place to live and while I was sitting at a big intersection red light an elderly woman hit us from behind and knocked us thru the intersection. I was lucky because in those days there was a huge Zcar dealer in Atlanta called BRE DATSUN............They worked on racing Z cars........They fixed my car just like new and I got a lot of racing stuff put on the 240. The window price on the 240 when I got it was $3,300.00.........Four yrs later when I sold it I got $6,700.00 for it. The 240 had no acceleration but was a hell of a top end car. Had a lot of fun in that car. I had the BRE DATSUN folks fixed my car I had them take the DATSUN emblems on the sides off (they were in script writing) and put them back in reverse ........(SUN DAT)........the Zs were so new nobody knew what the hell they were...........lol. I had so much fun when people would cum up to me when I was getting gas etc.............they would ask me, what the heck is that ? I told them all kinds of things.......

Last edited by FERRARI; 02-24-2017 at 11:12 AM.
FERRARI is offline   Reply With Quote